- Remove unnecessary programs from starting
- Update virus software and check for viruses
- Uninstall unnecessary programs
- Delete trash and temporary files
- Remove unnecessary network settings
- Fine-tune display settings and set display to fit monitor windows
- Run diagnostic software and correct disk/directory errors
- Defragment the hard drive for better performance
- Dust cleaning.
Note dust is the silent PC killer. A virus will ruin your data or freeze your PC, but dust can destroy your hardware thru heat buildup or in extreme cases, cause a fire. It is Recommend for you to clean the inside of your computer once every 6 months and to perform a full cleaning every year.